OUR PASTORAL PLAN
The Pastoral Council is an advisory body to the pastor that continually assesses the needs of the parish and responds through pastoral planning, setting new goals with specific objectives to help fulfill our mission. Our present goals include:
To Redevelop the Mary, Queen of Peace Youth Program.
- To hire a Youth Director by September 1, 2011
- To develop a technology plan, within 90 days of hire, that will appeal to the youth to not only communicate but also foster peer relationships.
- To establish a committee to assist the Youth Director in the redevelopment of a youth program at Mary, Queen of Peace, consisting of school teachers/coaches, PSR staff, Parish Youth Music Director, and involved parents. By October 1, 2011.
- To collaborate with other parish youth groups in planning youth activities.
- To participate in Archdiocesan youth activities.
- To assess the physical facilities needed for youth programs, annually.
To Create a Formal Process That Will Welcome and Orient New Parishioners To Our Church Family.
- To form a team to develop and write a mentor plan by October 2011.
- To identify and recruit a training team, and a mentor leader, by October 2011.
- To improve “New Parishioner” registration form to include areas of interests/hobbies/talents so that parishioners can be paired with mentors, by January 2012.
- To identify qualified mentors of differing backgrounds by January 2012.
- To train mentors by March 2012.
- To kick off mentoring program in April 2012.
To Celebrate 25 Years of Vibrant Catholic Life at Mary, Queen of Peace.
- To create an anniversary committee by October 2011.
- To plan an anniversary Mass, with Archbishop Aymond as presider, by June 2013.
- To develop a theme by January 2012.
- To incorporate the celebration theme throughout all parish minsitries, events and activities from June 2013-14.
- To plan and implement a catechesis on the sacraments throughout the anniversary year.
- To select a service project for our anniversary year by January 2013.
- To create a pictorial and multimedia history of the parish by June 2013.
- To kick off the anniversary celebration in June 2013.
OUR PASTORAL COUNCIL CONTACTS:
Wayne Kempff, president, email@example.com
Michael St. Germain